How I landed a promotion, locked in a raise, and built a power-house network with this one effective strategy.
I knew my job and had a steady routine – I was bored and ready to take on more. But people kept telling me I needed more experience to get the position I wanted and had to put in the time. I hate this response. Life is short, and I was ready to move on.
They were assuming that having years of experience means that I will have the necessary experience for the position. The truth is one can be in a role for several years and never gain the experience they’re looking for.
What they were really looking for is confidence. So, I decided to give them that.
I met my manager for a feedback session and I came prepared.
I took my old review, highlighted the opportunities that my boss mentioned, and wrote up a plan to work on everything he thought I could improve.
I started the meeting by asking him for what I did well and what he thought I could work on. Then let him talk. He parroted what he wrote down in my review, which was perfect – I prepared for that.
When he finished talking, I gave him my plan. He was impressed. I had a lot of work ahead of me, but we set a deadline as well as a follow-up meeting to review my results. Then, I requested a raise.
I pointed out that it was an ambitious plan and if I succeeded in achieving all these goals (which was a difficult task) if we could talk about possible compensation.
He agreed, and the results were phenomenal.
I spent the next few months crushing it – checking off goal after goal. I had difficult conversations, grinded through training, and worked late to get everything done. I enjoyed every minute of it – I knew I was winning.
The three months came and went, and it was time for the next meeting.
It went great.
I brought my plan with me as well as notes on everything I did. At this point, I didn’t even need it. He saw the effort I put in first hand. He knew my goals and watched me knock them down, one by one.
“I want to put you in for an off-cycle raise, and I was wondering if you would be willing to be a district trainer, you would get a bonus in your check every week.”
I didn’t even have to ask for the pay-raise; and a position with a bonus on top of it? I couldn’t believe how well it worked. But that wasn’t all.
The next day I got a call from my boss’s boss.
“Your boss has been talking very highly of you, and I would like to give you an opportunity to take an interim position”
I was being offered a fast-track for the same position that people told me I would have to put a ton of time in for. They said it would take years and multiple different roles before I was ready. Now I was being handed it.
Since then, I’ve used the same strategy again and again. I’ve given the same advice to others and watched them succeed.
Now, I want to give you the same strategy so you can:
- By-pass the “years of experience” fallacy and get the promotion that previously seemed unreachable.
- Learn to increase your value without spending all your time and money on technical skills.
- Stop worrying about what might work and learn precisely what you have to do to drive results.
- Get motivated with a step-by-step guide on how to achieve your goals (includes a printable PDF to customize your plan)
- Gain the confidence to negotiate a raise with ready to use emails and word-for-word scripts.
For a limited time get your copy free
Sign-up to receive a 22-page comprehensive guide on How to Increase your Value and Negotiate a Raise. It will include 5 short lessons, step-by-step guides, a printable pdf worksheet, ready to use emails, and word for word scripts. (all that is required is an Email address)
How to know if this is right for you:
- You feel stuck in your job and are not sure where to go from here – We will discuss how to recognize your opportunities.
- You’re motivated and ambitious, but can’t seem to get the raise or promotion you deserve– I’ll teach you the skills you need to reveal your roadblocks and systematically overcome them.
- You’re an introvert, and feel like you are too shy to negotiate a raise – I will provide you with word-for-word scripts and ready to use emails so you can feel comfortable and prepared to talk to your boss.
How to know if this is not for you:
- You don’t want to put in the effort. Earning a raise and a promotion takes effort; if you are not willing to put in the work, then this is not for you.
- You’re not ambitious and uninterested in climbing the ladder. If you are happy with where you are in your career, then there is no need to put in the effort to get promoted. But if you are interested in making more money in your current position, I still recommend trying this strategy.
- You know you can accelerate your career by yourself. Great, I wish you luck! Do me a favor, though. If you don’t see any progress in 3 months, and you still want to get a raise or land a promotion, come back and try out this strategy.
Break free from the monotonous routine of just another day at the office.
Start earning more and Accelerate your Career today!
Click the button below to sign up, all that is required is an email address.